Dental implants are the most advanced option for replacing a missing tooth.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium screw component which anchors and fuses into bone, and the porcelain, tooth coloured crown which is the tooth portion on top.
Is it painful?
Dental implant procedures are pain-free with the modern treatment modalities that we offer at Super Smiles Dental. It is a relatively quick procedure and isn’t as surgically invasive as it traditionally was.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- It creates a harmonious smile and improved aesthetics where before there would have been a dark gap showing
- It allows for improved functioning during chewing with the support of an extra tooth
- It prevents food from getting trapped between teeth
- It preserves jaw bone from shrinking, ensuring the patient’s bone structure and aesthetics do not change over time
- Does not compromise the health of surrounding tissues such as dental bridges, but rather promote improved health through preserving bone and improving function